This is a full band website made on a tight budget for a band called "Acoustic Ladyland" for V2 Records. We were given the packshot artwork and fleshed it out as a basic website.
There is a full CMS system so that the band and management can update the content. Content that a good band site should be able to handle includes:
- Welcome message.
- News Stories.
- Tourdates, past, present and upcoming.
- Full biography.
- Photo gallery with multiple groupings.
- Full discography with packshots, tracklistings and physical and digital buy links.
- Section to upload and download media files
- Merchandise page with buy links to 3rd party fullfillment shops.
- A decent forum.
- Mailing list sign-ups.
- Updatable audio player.
- An array of great big updatable splash images which link to whatever the band want to link to. Basically a big ad banner.
A strong feature of this site is the homepage which features teaser items of all the site's content, all on one page.
This site and layout was a very fast build and was completed in 2 weeks.